Your safety is our first priority. In order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we are following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as the Illinois Department for Public Health for event planning and management. As a result, we will reschedule this experience at a later date. Please watch for communication on the new date and time.
Open to highly motivated undergraduates, this program is designed to provide pre-medical students with a highly immersive clinical experience. During the two week course, students will experience several clinical and simulation-based learning modules and activities to enhance preparation for medical school including:
- Clinical Mandatories (in preparation for the clinical immersion experiences)
- Immersive High Fidelity Simulations
- Clinical Care Teams: Roles, Responsibilities and Communication Challenges
- Gross Anatomy Lab and Suturing Basics
- BLS Training
- Clinical Immersion Experiences in Multiple Health Care Settings
- Engaging Virtual Reality for Clinical Education and Patient Care
We reserve the right to cancel/reschedule any course that does not meet a minimum of 4 registrants. In the event of a cancellation, we will notify all registrants at least 7 days in advance of the course.